Numerology: Humanitarian

Numerology Life Path Number 9I am the humanitarian, socially conscious, and am deeply concerned about the state of the world.

I have great compassion and idealism. I am a utopian, and will spend your life trying to realize some aspect of your utopian dream, sacrificing money, time, and energy for a better world. It is in giving that you will find mu...

Sunday, January 9, 2011

memoirs 1.05

At five, I entered Kinder-garten. The teacher noticed something fuzzy and notified the school nurse who said that I had head lice! Nonsense! We had a pet turtle. And I drank fruit punch and slept most of the day. Sure we had these colored abacuses, and counting buttons was one of the number exercises. Really? Counting buttons?

Some of those abacus wires were crooked and I thought, this is the best the school could offer? I always liked to get the beads in the middle where the wire drooped. It was in the middle of being counted. Considered...but yet counted.

I started to think if this is the way that people were. That some people were considered but not counted. And I also began to think of who does the counting.

Who considers and counts who is worthy in society? Deep thoughts for a five year old.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you a teacher or parent wanting to order tutoring sessions? Are you a fellow learner offering a testimonial? Let the Renaissance Asian receive your comments and feedback: